Rosehill, Flyers hold off LeafsApr 5, 2013 - 4:04 AM
Brayden Schenn, Luke Schenn, Simon Gagne and Jakub Voracek all scored for the Flyers, who are riding a season-high four-game winning streak.
Ilya Bryzgalov stopped 25 shots to help Philadelphia end a five-game losing skid on the road and keep the team in the thick of the playoff chase.
With 37 points, the Flyers are two points back of the eighth spot in the Eastern Conference.
"I'm just trying to make an impact here and I'm real happy with the way things went tonight," said Rosehill. "This was a big win for us tonight because we have some work to do to get in the playoffs."
James van Riemsdyk, John-Michael Liles and Nikolai Kulemin all scored for the Maple Leafs, who had a three-game winning streak stopped. James Reimer gave up four goals on 30 shots in the loss.
"I felt like I was hanging in there and making some big saves, but they got a couple in," said Reimer. "It was a weird game out there tonight and things just don't go your way sometimes."
Toronto has 44 points and sits in the sixth playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.
The Flyers got on the board just 1:19 in when Erik Gustafsson's hard pass from the high slot was deflected into the net by Gagne in front for his fourth of the year.
Toronto got it back two minutes later as a shot from the right point by Dion Phaneuf saw the rebound shot in by Kulemin.
It was a 2-1 game in the Maple Leafs' favor with 3:14 to play in the first period after Liles' slap shot from the left point found the back of the net, but the Flyers tied the game two minutes later as Sean Couturier sent a sweep pass from the left wing to the right of the net where Voracek was all alone for the slam dunk.
Philly took a 3-2 lead just 54 seconds into the second period when Brayden Schenn picked off a pass in the Toronto zone and wristed it home from the low slot for his seventh of the year.
The Flyers made it a 4-2 game with 4:07 to play in the middle stanza after a slap shot from Couturier at the left point hit off of Rosehill and went past Reimer for his first of the season.
Van Riemsdyk snapped a 10-game goalless drought 6:14 into the third to make it a one-goal game as he accepted a pass from Phaneuf at the right side of the net and spun around before lifting the puck over Bryzgalov.
The Leafs couldn't get the tying goal, though, and Luke Schenn sealed the victory with the empty-netter.
Toronto plays in New Jersey on Saturday ... The Flyers continue their three- game road trip in Winnipeg on Saturday ... Rosehill was playing his first game with the Flyers as he was acquired from the Anaheim Ducks on Monday ... Toronto had won the other two games this season between the two clubs ... Toronto winger Joffrey Lupul left the game in the first period with an upper body injury. Toronto head coach Randy Carlyle said after the game that Lupul is a 50-50 chance to practice on Friday.
- PHILADELPHIA: 5
Apr 4 9:37 PM
- Philadelphia Goal - Luke Schenn (3), at 19:45.
Flyers 5, Maple Leafs 3 3rd - 0:15Apr 4 9:36 PM
- Toronto Goal - James van Riemsdyk (15), from Dion Phaneuf at 6:14.
Flyers 4, Maple Leafs 3 3rd - 13:46Apr 4 9:05 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 4
End of 2nd
Apr 4 8:38 PM
- Philadelphia Goal - Sean Couturier, at 15:52.
Flyers 4, Maple Leafs 2 2nd - 4:08Apr 4 8:31 PM
- Philadelphia Goal - Brayden Schenn (7), at :54.
Flyers 3, Maple Leafs 2 2nd - 19:06Apr 4 8:06 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 2
End of 1st
Apr 4 7:47 PM
- Philadelphia Goal - Jakub Voracek (16), from Sean Couturier and Matt Read at 18:35.
Flyers 2, Maple Leafs 2 1st - 1:25Apr 4 7:44 PM
- Toronto Goal - John-Michael Liles (2), at 16:46.
Flyers 1, Maple Leafs 2 1st - 3:14Apr 4 7:38 PM
- Toronto Goal - Nikolai Kulemin, at 3:22.
Flyers 1, Maple Leafs 1 1st - 16:38Apr 4 7:14 PM
- Philadelphia Goal - Simon Gagne (4), from Erik Gustafsson at 1:19.
Flyers 1, Maple Leafs 0 1st - 18:41Apr 4 7:11 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 0
1st Period - 20:00
Apr 4 7:05 PM
- Former Leafs coach John Brophy dies after lengthy illness May 23
- 'The Goldbergs' creator talks love affair with Flyers May 10
- World championship offers audition for World Cup, draft May 5
- McDavid among finalists for Calder Trophy as NHL top rookie May 2
- Last-place Leafs win NHL draft lottery; Jets jump to 2nd Apr 30
- Flyers F Schenn suspended for 3 games for charging Apr 26
- Capitals' Orpik could be difference-maker vs. Penguins Apr 26
- At ease in Pittsburgh, Kessel making impact for Penguins Apr 25
- Flyers finish another empty season without Stanley Cup Apr 25
- Capitals set for rare postseason rematch against Penguins Apr 25
- NHL Playoff Capsules Apr 24
- Capitals close out Flyers in 6 games with 1-0 victory Apr 24