Rapids, Fire share the points at DSG ParkMay 1, 2011 - 3:29 AM Commerce City, CO (Sports Network) - The Chicago Fire and Colorado Rapids played to a 1-1 draw at Dick's Sporting Goods Park on Saturday, extending winless streaks for both teams.
Gonzalo Segares had an early chance to put Chicago in front when he got into the penalty area on the left and just missed beating goalkeeper Matt Pickens at his near post.
However, the Fire (1-3-3) went in front shortly before halftime when Dominic Oduro's low cross from the right wing found Marco Pappa in front of goal for a redirection past Pickens from a few yards.
The home side was able to answer in the 49th minute through Andre Akpan, who scored his first MLS goal after taking a pass inside the area from Omar Cummings and beating goalkeeper Jon Conway with a shot inside the far post.
But neither side was able to muster up a winner and the Fire have now gone winless in their last five games, while Colorado (3-3-1) is winless in four straight games after opening the season with three successive victories.
- Sporting continues home success against Rapids Jun 27
- Rapids roll into Kansas City to tussle with Sporting Jun 26
- Doyle's blast fires DCU past Chicago Jun 24
- Second-half spurt leads Orlando past Colorado Jun 24
- United aims for second straight win against Fire Jun 23
- Orlando tries to get back on track against Rapids Jun 23
- Serna's late goal rescues Rapids Jun 19
- West rivals clash as Rapids host FCD Jun 18
- Quick strikes lead Revs past Fire Jun 13
- Revs aim to stop the rot against Fire Jun 12
- Orlando City stuns Fire with late rally Jun 6
- Rocky Mountain rivals meet up as Rapids face RSL Jun 5