Rapids edge Dynamo on Palguta winnerMay 5, 2011 - 2:46 AM Houston, TX (Sports Network) - The Colorado Rapids came back to beat the Houston Dynamo, 2-1, in Major League Soccer action at Robertson Stadium on Wednesday.
All three of the game's goals were scored in the final 20 minutes after the first 70 were relatively uneventful.
Houston opened the scoring in the 71st when former Rapids midfielder Colin Clark found space on the right side of the Colorado penalty area and fired a left-footed rocket through the legs of a defender and past goalkeeper Matt Pickens.
Jamie Smith answered for Colorado just three minutes later on a goalkeeping blunder by Houston's Tally Hall. On a long free kick taken by Smith, Hall misjudged it as the ball sailed over his head and into the net.
The Rapids (4-3-1) got the go-ahead goal 10 minutes later when defender Scott Palguta one-timed a loose ball from inside the Houston area off a corner kick that beat Hall low, just inside the right post.
Houston (3-2-3) will aim to rebound at Toronto on Saturday, while Colorado plays at New England the same days in its next MLS fixture.
- Sporting continues home success against Rapids Jun 27
- Castillo, FC Dallas claim El Capitan in win over Dynamo Jun 27
- Rapids roll into Kansas City to tussle with Sporting Jun 26
- Dynamo, FCD battle for El Capitan Jun 25
- Second-half spurt leads Orlando past Colorado Jun 24
- Orlando tries to get back on track against Rapids Jun 23
- Timbers top Dynamo for fourth straight win Jun 21
- Serna's late goal rescues Rapids Jun 19
- Timbers aim to continue surge against Dynamo Jun 19
- West rivals clash as Rapids host FCD Jun 18
- Rocky Mountain rivals meet up as Rapids face RSL Jun 5
- Dynamo, Red Bulls clash at BBVA Jun 4