Rapids, TFC battle to scoreless drawMay 23, 2011 - 1:11 AM Commerce City, CO (Sports Network) - The Colorado Rapids and Toronto FC played to a 0-0 draw at Dick's Sporting Goods Park on Sunday.
There was only one real chance in the first 45 minutes and it came right before halftime for Toronto as Mikael Yourassowsky played a low ball through the face of goal to Nick Soolsma at the back post. However, Rapids goalkeeper Matt Pickens did well to get down and keep out the shot from eight yards.
Yourassowsky then carved out the best opportunity of the match in the 62nd minute when he got down the left wing and carried the ball into the penalty area before firing a left-footed shot on goal that Pickens tipped onto the crossbar.
Colorado (4-3-4) struggled to create good scoring chances all match long, but Anthony Wallace went close with a shot from 35 yards that narrowly missed the upper-right corner of the net with just over 20 minutes to play.
The result leaves Toronto (2-4-6) with just one win from its last 10 games, while the Rapids extend their unbeaten streak to five matches, although four of those games have ended in draws.
- TORONTO FC: 0
May 22 9:02 PM
- TORONTO FC: 0
1st Half - 1'
May 22 7:07 PM
- Sporting continues home success against Rapids Jun 27
- DCU, TFC play to scoreless draw Jun 27
- Rapids roll into Kansas City to tussle with Sporting Jun 26
- In-form TFC meets East leaders DCU Jun 26
- Bradley, Giovinco help TFC topple Montreal Jun 24
- Second-half spurt leads Orlando past Colorado Jun 24
- Canadian rivals clash as TFC tangles with Montreal Jun 23
- Orlando tries to get back on track against Rapids Jun 23
- Villa's brace propels NYC past TFC Jun 20
- Serna's late goal rescues Rapids Jun 19
- TFC, NYC aim to continue winning ways Jun 19
- West rivals clash as Rapids host FCD Jun 18