Shea goal pushes Dallas past SeattleMay 26, 2011 - 4:13 AM Seattle, WA (Sports Network) - FC Dallas earned a 1-0 victory at Seattle Sounders FC in Major League Soccer action on Wednesday night.
Brek Shea scored the fixture's lone goal to extend the Hoops unbeaten run to seven games, with five wins during the span. The team also hasn't given up a goal in its last five MLS matches, while only giving up one goal in six games in May.
Shea scored his fourth goal of the season in the 18th minute when he ran onto a through-ball from Andrew Jacobson at the top of the Seattle penalty area on a counter attack. Shea then one-timed the ball past Seattle goalkeeper Kasey Keller for the 1-0 advantage.
The Hoops hung on for the win despite being out shot 19-7 with Seattle possession the ball the majority of the game.
Dallas hopes to continue its streak when it travels to plays at Houston on Saturday, while Seattle travels to Real Salt Lake the same night for its next MLS fixture.
- FC DALLAS: 1
May 25 11:59 PM
- FC DALLAS: 1
1st Half - 25'
FC Dallas 1, Sounders FC 0 1st - 25'May 25 10:32 PM
- FC DALLAS: 0
1st Half - 1'
May 25 10:09 PM
- Adi leads Timbers over Sounders in Cascadia Cup Jun 28
- Castillo, FC Dallas claim El Capitan in win over Dynamo Jun 27
- Timbers, Sounders set for Cascadia clash Jun 26
- Dynamo, FCD battle for El Capitan Jun 25
- Sapong's goal lifts Union past Sounders Jun 24
- Union set for stern test against Sounders Jun 23
- San Jose doubles up on Sounders Jun 20
- Serna's late goal rescues Rapids Jun 19
- Sounders on the hunt for 2nd straight win against 'Quakes Jun 19
- West rivals clash as Rapids host FCD Jun 18
- Neagle lifts Sounders past FCD at CenturyLink Jun 14
- West foes clash as Sounders host FCD at CenturyLink Jun 12