Union, Rapids battle to draw at DSG ParkJun 5, 2011 - 3:27 AM Commerce City, CO (Sports Network) - The Philadelphia Union and Colorado Rapids battled to a 1-1 draw in Major League Soccer action at Dick's Sporting Goods Park on Saturday.
The draw is the seventh in eight games for Colorado (4-3-7), which hasn't lost during that span.
For Philadelphia (6-3-3), the draw snaps a two-game winning streak.
Conor Casey opened the scoring for Colorado in the 63rd minute after Rapids midfielder Pablo Mastroeni went down in the penalty area and slight contact with a ball in the air. Casey took the ensuing penalty kick and slotted home for his second goal of the season, and second in as many games.
But the Union came right back three minutes later when Danny Mwanga corralled a Sebastian Le Toux pass in the offensive third and ripped a shot past Matt Pickens. The goal, Mwanga's team-leading fourth of the season, was his third in the past two games.
Colorado will aim to continue its unbeaten run at the expansion Portland Timbers next Saturday in its next MLS fixture, while the Union host Real Salt Lake the same day.
- PHILADELPHIA: 1
Jun 4 10:58 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 1
2nd Half - 70'
Union 1, Rapids 1 2nd - 70'Jun 4 10:34 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 0
1st Half - 1'
Jun 4 9:10 PM
- Sporting continues home success against Rapids Jun 27
- Edu saves point for Union in draw with Impact Jun 27
- Union ready to tangle with Impact at PPL Jun 26
- Rapids roll into Kansas City to tussle with Sporting Jun 26
- Second-half spurt leads Orlando past Colorado Jun 24
- Sapong's goal lifts Union past Sounders Jun 24
- Orlando tries to get back on track against Rapids Jun 23
- Union set for stern test against Sounders Jun 23
- Husidic, Zardes help Galaxy smash Union Jun 21
- Serna's late goal rescues Rapids Jun 19
- Union set to battle Galaxy at StubHub Center Jun 19
- West rivals clash as Rapids host FCD Jun 18