Dallas becomes first team to 10 wins after downing CrewJul 3, 2011 - 3:08 AM Frisco, TX (Sports Network) - FC Dallas became the first team in Major League Soccer this season to record its 10th win as the Hoops topped the Columbus Crew, 2-0, at Pizza Hut Park on Saturday.
Brek Shea continued his fine form by scoring the opening goal in the 58th minute, while Jackson doubled the advantage in the 76th before the Crew's Andy Iro was sent off in the final 10 minutes.
Dallas has now won its last three games to move closer to the Western Conference leading Los Angeles Galaxy, while the Crew had a modest two-game winning streak snapped.
The first half saw both sides struggle to create chances, with the best opportunity falling to Marvin Chavez for Dallas in the 31st minute when his left-footed effort was tipped off the post by Crew goalkeeper Will Hesmer.
Shea went close with a curling effort from the top of the penalty area in the 56th, but he opened the scoring two minutes later when Chavez had a low shot saved by Hesmer, with Shea following up the play and knocking home the rebound.
Jackson then doubled the lead in the 76th minute when he latched onto a through ball from Andrew Jacobson and flipped it over the shoulder of the onrushing Hesmer.
The result was then secure in the 83rd when Iro received a second yellow card for a foul on Chavez.
- Columbus earns draw with RSL at Rio Tinto Jun 28
- Castillo, FC Dallas claim El Capitan in win over Dynamo Jun 27
- Columbus hits the road to face RSL Jun 26
- Dynamo, FCD battle for El Capitan Jun 25
- Kamara leads the way as Columbus edges New England Jun 24
- Revs, Crew SC tangle at MAPFRE Stadium Jun 23
- Serna's late goal rescues Rapids Jun 19
- West rivals clash as Rapids host FCD Jun 18
- Neagle lifts Sounders past FCD at CenturyLink Jun 14
- Higuain helps Crew SC draw Galaxy Jun 13
- West foes clash as Sounders host FCD at CenturyLink Jun 12
- Crew SC, Galaxy square off at Mapfre Stadium Jun 12