Hall helps Houston claim a point at ColoradoJul 4, 2011 - 3:04 AM Colorado Rapids created most of the chances but Tally Hall made sure that the Houston Dynamo left Dick's Sporting Goods Park on Sunday with a point as the two sides played to a 0-0 draw.
Houston's attack was largely ineffective on Sunday, which is the main reason why the club remains winless in nine away matches this season. However, the Dynamo was still able to leave with a point thanks to some strong goalkeeping from Hall, especially in the final 10 minutes of the match.
The Rapids were unfortunate in the ninth minute not to take the lead when Brian Mullan's right-wing cross found Jamie Smith at the back post. He then headed the ball past Hall but off the left upright.
After that Hall made sure he wouldn't be beaten again as he needed to make a diving stop five minutes before halftime to keep out a long-range free kick from Smith.
The Dynamo began to gain more possession as the second half wore on, but it was the Rapids who were the more dangerous side over the final 10 minutes.
Drew Moor had a close-range header tipped over the crossbar by Hall in the 80th minute before substitute Quincy Amarikwa was denied a few minutes later by the Houston keeper.
Dominic Kinnear's team has now won just one of its last 11 games, but will be happy with the result.
After the final whistle, Amarikwa showed the frustration of the Colorado team as he received a red card for confronting the referee.
- Sporting continues home success against Rapids Jun 27
- Castillo, FC Dallas claim El Capitan in win over Dynamo Jun 27
- Rapids roll into Kansas City to tussle with Sporting Jun 26
- Dynamo, FCD battle for El Capitan Jun 25
- Second-half spurt leads Orlando past Colorado Jun 24
- Orlando tries to get back on track against Rapids Jun 23
- Timbers top Dynamo for fourth straight win Jun 21
- Serna's late goal rescues Rapids Jun 19
- Timbers aim to continue surge against Dynamo Jun 19
- West rivals clash as Rapids host FCD Jun 18
- Rocky Mountain rivals meet up as Rapids face RSL Jun 5
- Dynamo, Red Bulls clash at BBVA Jun 4