Ching helps Houston halt Seattle's unbeaten streakJul 31, 2011 - 2:48 AM Houston, TX (Sports Network) - Seattle Sounders FC saw its nine-game unbeaten streak come to an end at Robertson Stadium on Saturday as Brian Ching scored two goals to help the Houston Dynamo to a 3-1 win over Seattle.
Colin Clark got Houston off to a flying start by opening the scoring after seven minutes, while Ching doubled the advantage midway through the first half.
Seattle responded with Alvaro Fernandez converting a penalty kick before halftime, but Clark set up Ching's second goal of the contest 20 minutes from time to secure Houston's second win in the last seven games.
The Sounders entered the match having won five of their last six matches, but they got off to a poor start as Ching was allowed to bring the ball down inside the penalty area, with Clark pouncing on the loose ball to stab it home from close range.
Ching was a problem for the Seattle defense all night, and he got on the other end of a nice left-wing cross from Geoff Cameron to nod the ball inside the left post from six yards.
Fredy Montero helped the visitors pull a goal back when he was brought down inside the box by Houston's Corey Ashe, allowing Fernandez to send goalkeeper Tally Hall the wrong way from the spot.
But Houston wasn't going to be denied on this night, and Clark teamed up with Ching once again in the 70th minute to secure the win.
Hunter Freeman played a nice ball down the right wing for Clark, who tracked it down near the end line and drove it low through the face of goal to Ching. The striker was left open just a few yards from goal and he easily tapped the ball into the net.
- SEATTLE: 1
Jul 30 10:29 PM
- Houston Goal - Ching (3) 70th minute
Sounders FC 1, Dynamo 3 1st - 19'Jul 30 10:07 PM
- SEATTLE: 1
Jul 30 9:25 PM
- Seattle Goal - Fernandez (6) 37th minute
Sounders FC 1, Dynamo 2 1st - 6'Jul 30 9:16 PM
- Houston Goal - Ching (2) 23rd minute
Sounders FC 0, Dynamo 2 1st - 21'Jul 30 9:02 PM
- Houston Goal - Clark (3) 7th minute
Sounders FC 0, Dynamo 1 1st - 37'Jul 30 8:47 PM
- SEATTLE: 0
1st Half - 44'
Jul 30 8:38 PM
- Adi leads Timbers over Sounders in Cascadia Cup Jun 28
- Castillo, FC Dallas claim El Capitan in win over Dynamo Jun 27
- Timbers, Sounders set for Cascadia clash Jun 26
- Dynamo, FCD battle for El Capitan Jun 25
- Sapong's goal lifts Union past Sounders Jun 24
- Union set for stern test against Sounders Jun 23
- Timbers top Dynamo for fourth straight win Jun 21
- San Jose doubles up on Sounders Jun 20
- Timbers aim to continue surge against Dynamo Jun 19
- Sounders on the hunt for 2nd straight win against 'Quakes Jun 19
- Neagle lifts Sounders past FCD at CenturyLink Jun 14
- West foes clash as Sounders host FCD at CenturyLink Jun 12