Bruin's late heroics deny TFCJun 21, 2012 - 3:15 AM Houston, TX (Sports Network) - A frustrating season for Toronto FC got a bit more difficult on Wednesday as Will Bruin scored two goals in the final 20 minutes to help the Houston Dynamo rally for a 3-3 draw with TFC at BBVA Compass Stadium.
Toronto's Jeremy Hall and Houston's Bobby Boswell traded goals in the first 20 minutes before a pair of strikes from Danny Koevermans put Toronto ahead 3-1 as the match entered the final 20 minutes.
It was the first time that TFC had scored three goals in one game this season, but it wasn't enough as Bruin scored in the 73rd to pull his team to within one before netting the equalizer in the 90th minute.
Hall's first MLS goal came after 13 minutes when he picked up a scuffed shot from Eric Avila inside the area and fired the ball off the right post and into the net.
The hosts responded seven minutes later with a Brad Davis corner kick that found the head of Boswell, who sent a powerful header past goalkeeper Milos Kocic.
But Toronto came right back and restored its lead within two minutes as Avila crossed to the back post where Koevermans finished off the play with a volley from six yards.
Terry Dunfield went close with a header for Toronto a few minutes later, but the visitors took a two-goal lead into halftime with another goal from Koevermans in the 45th as he turned a header past goalkeeper Tally Hall from a Julian de Guzman cross.
Toronto appeared to be in control but Houston got back into the game in the 73rd when Davis set up Bruin for a shot from 12 yards that the striker hammered into the upper corner of the net.
Brian Ching narrowly missed the post for Houston in the 84th, but TFC was unable to dodge another bullet as Geoff Cameron's cross found the head of Bruin, who nodded home a last-minute equalizer to deny Toronto its second win of the season.
- TORONTO FC: 3
Jun 20 11:03 PM
- Houston Goal - Bruin 8 (Cameron), 90th minute
Toronto FC 3, Dynamo 3 2nd - 89'Jun 20 10:58 PM
- Houston Goal - Bruin 7 (Davis), 73rd minute
Toronto FC 3, Dynamo 2 2nd - 75'Jun 20 10:43 PM
- Toronto Goal - Koevermans 5 (De Guzman), 45th minute
Toronto FC 3, Dynamo 1 1st - 44'Jun 20 9:55 PM
- Toronto Goal - Koevermans 4 (Avila, Johnson), 22nd minute
Toronto FC 2, Dynamo 1 1st - 23'Jun 20 9:32 PM
- Houston Goal - Boswell 1 (Davis), 20th minute
Toronto FC 1, Dynamo 1 1st - 21'Jun 20 9:30 PM
- TORONTO FC: 0
1st Half - 1'
Jun 20 9:09 PM
- DCU, TFC play to scoreless draw Jun 27
- Castillo, FC Dallas claim El Capitan in win over Dynamo Jun 27
- In-form TFC meets East leaders DCU Jun 26
- Dynamo, FCD battle for El Capitan Jun 25
- Bradley, Giovinco help TFC topple Montreal Jun 24
- Canadian rivals clash as TFC tangles with Montreal Jun 23
- Timbers top Dynamo for fourth straight win Jun 21
- Villa's brace propels NYC past TFC Jun 20
- Timbers aim to continue surge against Dynamo Jun 19
- TFC, NYC aim to continue winning ways Jun 19
- TFC's Giovinco claims second straight Player of the Week honor Jun 9
- Giovinco's brace powers TFC past DCU Jun 6