Houston topples TFC to extend winning streakJul 28, 2012 - 10:34 PM Toronto, ON (Sports Network) - The Houston Dynamo collected three more points on Saturday at BMO Field after handing Toronto FC a 2-0 defeat that gives Houston four successive wins.
Both sides entered Saturday's match having won three straight, but Houston kept its momentum going with goals from Calen Carr and Brian Ching to continue its push up the Eastern Conference table.
Toronto will now have to regroup after seeing its best stretch of the season come to a halt.
Neither side showed a lot of initiative in attack in the opening 45 minutes, but the Dynamo snatched the lead on the stroke of halftime.
Brad Davis swung a corner kick into the penalty area at the near post where Bobby Boswell flicked it on to an open Carr for a simple finish that seemed to deflate the home side.
After the break, Houston almost doubled its lead as Oscar Garcia took control of the ball outside the box and curled a dangerous shot just wide of the post.
Toronto never really got going offensively and Houston goalkeeper Tally Hall only needed to make two saves to record a clean sheet.
The Dynamo still led by just one goal as the game approached the final five minutes, but Davis set up his second goal of the contest after taking a pass from Garcia and sliding the ball into the path of Ching for a first-time finish that wrapped up three points.
- DCU, TFC play to scoreless draw Jun 27
- Castillo, FC Dallas claim El Capitan in win over Dynamo Jun 27
- In-form TFC meets East leaders DCU Jun 26
- Dynamo, FCD battle for El Capitan Jun 25
- Bradley, Giovinco help TFC topple Montreal Jun 24
- Canadian rivals clash as TFC tangles with Montreal Jun 23
- Timbers top Dynamo for fourth straight win Jun 21
- Villa's brace propels NYC past TFC Jun 20
- Timbers aim to continue surge against Dynamo Jun 19
- TFC, NYC aim to continue winning ways Jun 19
- TFC's Giovinco claims second straight Player of the Week honor Jun 9
- Giovinco's brace powers TFC past DCU Jun 6