Seattle, Dallas settle for a drawSep 3, 2012 - 1:25 AM Frisco, TX (Sports Network) - Seattle Sounders FC and FC Dallas exchanged first-half goals to split the points in a 1-1 draw at FC Dallas Stadium on Sunday.
Mauro Rosales opened the scoring in the 20th minute, but the home side clawed its way back before the break as Jackson leveled the score in the 33rd minute.
The result sees Seattle (12-6-8) take sole possession of third place in the Western Conference with 44 points on the season. FC Dallas (8-12-9) remains in sixth place with 33 points.
Seattle grabbed the lead at the 20-minute mark when Steve Zakuani flew by his defender on the left side of the box and slid a perfect ball across the face of goal. Rosales was waiting at the back post to tuck it home.
FC Dallas equalized 13 minutes later with a similar goal as Blas Perez's cross was met and turned in by an unmarked Jackson.
The Sounders came within inches of restoring their lead before the break when Rosales' aerial ball to the back post was headed on by Brad Evans, but Kevin Hartman pulled off a miraculous save to keep the home side level.
Both sides exchanged numerous scoring opportunities in the second half, ultimately came up short as they were made to settle for a point.
- Adi leads Timbers over Sounders in Cascadia Cup Jun 28
- Castillo, FC Dallas claim El Capitan in win over Dynamo Jun 27
- Timbers, Sounders set for Cascadia clash Jun 26
- Dynamo, FCD battle for El Capitan Jun 25
- Sapong's goal lifts Union past Sounders Jun 24
- Union set for stern test against Sounders Jun 23
- San Jose doubles up on Sounders Jun 20
- Serna's late goal rescues Rapids Jun 19
- Sounders on the hunt for 2nd straight win against 'Quakes Jun 19
- West rivals clash as Rapids host FCD Jun 18
- Neagle lifts Sounders past FCD at CenturyLink Jun 14
- West foes clash as Sounders host FCD at CenturyLink Jun 12