Patient Dynamo edge Revs at BBVA Compass StadiumSep 30, 2012 - 2:55 AM Houston, TX (Sports Network) - It took over 76 minutes to break through, but the Houston Dynamo came away from BBVA Compass Stadium with three points in a 2-0 defeat of the New England Revolution on Saturday.
Ricardo Clark opened his scoring account this season with what turned out to be the game-winner, collecting a pass from Brad Davis on the right side of the box and firing a shot off the far post in the 77th minute.
Boniek Garcia added another for good measure, getting on the end of a cross from Warren Creavalle in stoppage time and hammering a one-time shot past Bobby Shuttleworth.
The result keeps the Eastern Conference playoff picture unchanged as Houston (13-8-10) remains one point ahead of the Columbus Crew in the race for the final postseason berth.
New England (7-16-8) stays second from bottom in the East on 29 points for the season.
- 'Caps ease past Revs at Gillette Jun 27
- Castillo, FC Dallas claim El Capitan in win over Dynamo Jun 27
- 'Caps continue road trip in New England Jun 26
- Dynamo, FCD battle for El Capitan Jun 25
- Kamara leads the way as Columbus edges New England Jun 24
- Revs, Crew SC tangle at MAPFRE Stadium Jun 23
- Rolfe's double leads United past Revs Jun 21
- Timbers top Dynamo for fourth straight win Jun 21
- East rivals tangle as DCU hosts Revolution Jun 19
- Timbers aim to continue surge against Dynamo Jun 19
- Quick strikes lead Revs past Fire Jun 13
- Revs aim to stop the rot against Fire Jun 12