Impact, Dynamo draw at BBVA Compass StadiumOct 7, 2012 - 2:37 AM Houston, TX (Sports Network) - The Montreal Impact were eliminated from playoff contention on Saturday after playing to a 1-1 draw with the Houston Dynamo at BBVA Compass Stadium.
The Dynamo stole the lead just before the halftime break as Will Bruin redirected a low cross from Calen Carr into the back of the net for his team- leading 12th goal of the season.
Montreal was able to draw level in the 66th minute when Sanna Nyassi turned in a rebound conceded by Houston goalkeeper Tally Hall, but it failed to spark the comeback that the Impact needed to stay alive in the playoff hunt.
Houston nearly claimed all three points six minutes from time, but Cam Weaver's shot came back off the post, forcing the Dynamo to settle for a point.
The draw means that Houston (13-8-11) leaves the door open to the Columbus Crew to climb back into a playoff position with a win over Sporting Kansas City on Sunday - the Dynamo, on 50 points, sit two points ahead of the Crew.
Montreal (12-15-5) has managed 41 points through 32 of its first 34 games in Major League Soccer.
- Edu saves point for Union in draw with Impact Jun 27
- Castillo, FC Dallas claim El Capitan in win over Dynamo Jun 27
- Union ready to tangle with Impact at PPL Jun 26
- Dynamo, FCD battle for El Capitan Jun 25
- Bradley, Giovinco help TFC topple Montreal Jun 24
- Canadian rivals clash as TFC tangles with Montreal Jun 23
- Timbers top Dynamo for fourth straight win Jun 21
- Montreal ends Orlando's unbeaten run Jun 20
- Timbers aim to continue surge against Dynamo Jun 19
- Confident Orlando tangles with Montreal Jun 19
- NYCFC tops Impact at Yankee Stadium Jun 13
- NYCFC set to host Impact Jun 12