Rapids conclude season with defeat of DynamoOct 28, 2012 - 3:04 AM Commerce City, CO (Sports Network) - The Colorado Rapids ended their season on a high note, earning a 2-0 defeat of the playoff-bound Houston Dynamo at Dick's Sporting Goods Park on Saturday.
Kamani Hill opened the scoring in the ninth minute, streaking down the center of the pitch and firing a shot from distance that needed a deflection to get past stand-in goalkeeper Tyler Deric.
The Rapids doubled the lead despite a sprawling save from Deric in the 76th minute. The 24-year-old, who was deputizing for first-choice 'keeper Tally Hall, produced a fine save, but Andre Akpan was arriving at the six-yard box to head home the rebound for his third goal of the season.
The win lifts Colorado (11-19-4) to 37 points on the season, good enough for seventh place in the Western Conference.
Houston (14-9-11) will travel to Toyota Park to face the Chicago Fire in Wednesday's Eastern Conference play-in game.
- Sporting continues home success against Rapids Jun 27
- Castillo, FC Dallas claim El Capitan in win over Dynamo Jun 27
- Rapids roll into Kansas City to tussle with Sporting Jun 26
- Dynamo, FCD battle for El Capitan Jun 25
- Second-half spurt leads Orlando past Colorado Jun 24
- Orlando tries to get back on track against Rapids Jun 23
- Timbers top Dynamo for fourth straight win Jun 21
- Serna's late goal rescues Rapids Jun 19
- Timbers aim to continue surge against Dynamo Jun 19
- West rivals clash as Rapids host FCD Jun 18
- Rocky Mountain rivals meet up as Rapids face RSL Jun 5
- Dynamo, Red Bulls clash at BBVA Jun 4