Dynamo make history in draw with RapidsApr 28, 2013 - 11:26 PM Houston, TX (Sports Network) - The Houston Dynamo's 1-1 draw with the Colorado Rapids at BBVA Compass Stadium on Sunday helped the club make MLS history.
The result sees Houston extend its home unbeaten streak in league play to 30 games, breaking Real Salt Lake's record of 29, which came to an end in 2011.
Houston's record-breaking night was called into question when Colorado opened the scoring through Drew Moor, but Giles Barnes managed to draw the home side level with a second-half strike.
The Dynamo (4-2-2) climb into a tie for second place in the Eastern Conference with 14 points through nine matches. The Rapids (2-4-3) pull further away from the Western Conference cellar by climbing to nine points.
Colorado stole the lead just before halftime when Moor nodded home a corner kick from Dillon Powers.
The Dynamo emerged from the halftime interval rejuvenated and pushed in search of an equalizer, which eventually came in the 66th minute.
Barnes collected a loose ball outside the penalty area and penetrated the Rapids defense before firing a powerful shot into the upper corner at Clint Irwin's near post.
Houston's hopes of marking the special occasion with a victory were dashed in second-half stoppage time when Brad Davis was issued a red card for a reckless challenge on Nathan Sturgis, which reduced the Dynamo to 10 men and left them with no chance for a go-ahead goal.
- COLORADO: 1
Apr 28 7:02 PM
- Houston Goal - Barnes 3 (unassisted), 66th minute
Rapids 1, Dynamo 1 2nd - 67'Apr 28 6:33 PM
- COLORADO: 1
Apr 28 5:56 PM
- Colorado Goal - Moor 1 (Powers), 45th minute
Rapids 1, Dynamo 0 1st - 44'Apr 28 5:56 PM
- COLORADO: 0
1st Half - 1'
Apr 28 5:08 PM
- Sporting continues home success against Rapids Jun 27
- Castillo, FC Dallas claim El Capitan in win over Dynamo Jun 27
- Rapids roll into Kansas City to tussle with Sporting Jun 26
- Dynamo, FCD battle for El Capitan Jun 25
- Second-half spurt leads Orlando past Colorado Jun 24
- Orlando tries to get back on track against Rapids Jun 23
- Timbers top Dynamo for fourth straight win Jun 21
- Serna's late goal rescues Rapids Jun 19
- Timbers aim to continue surge against Dynamo Jun 19
- West rivals clash as Rapids host FCD Jun 18
- Rocky Mountain rivals meet up as Rapids face RSL Jun 5
- Dynamo, Red Bulls clash at BBVA Jun 4