Houston piles more misery on ColumbusAug 4, 2013 - 3:11 AM Houston, TX (Sports Network) - The Houston Dynamo piled more misery on the Columbus Crew on Saturday by claiming a 3-1 victory at BBVA Compass Stadium.
Houston went in front in the 10th minute after Giles Barnes was tripped up in the box by Chad Marshall, allowing Brad Davis to convert the ensuing penalty attempt.
The Dynamo were two goals to the good by the half-hour mark when Boniek Garcia dispossessed Agustin Viana and slipped a pass to Will Bruin, who cut back inside and fired a right-footed shot past Matt Lampson.
Columbus cut the deficit in half when Jermaine Taylor conceded an own goal in the 75th minute, but Houston restored its two-goal advantage in the 83rd minute when Cam Weaver blasted a laser past Lampson from the top of the box.
The Crew (6-11-5) have dropped six of their last seven games to slip further away from the playoff picture. Houston (9-6-6) improves to 33 points, 10 points better than Columbus.
- COLUMBUS: 1
Aug 3 11:02 PM
- Houston Goal - Weaver 2 (Bruin), 83rd minute
Crew SC 1, Dynamo 3 2nd - 84'Aug 3 10:53 PM
- Columbus Goal - Finley 1 (George), 75th minute
Crew SC 1, Dynamo 2 2nd - 75'Aug 3 10:42 PM
- COLUMBUS: 0
Aug 3 9:54 PM
- Houston Goal - Bruin 5 (Garcia), 32nd minute
Crew SC 0, Dynamo 2 1st - 32'Aug 3 9:40 PM
- Houston Goal - Davis 5 (PK), 10th minute
Crew SC 0, Dynamo 1 1st - 10'Aug 3 9:19 PM
- COLUMBUS: 0
1st Half - 1'
Aug 3 9:08 PM
- Columbus earns draw with RSL at Rio Tinto Jun 28
- Castillo, FC Dallas claim El Capitan in win over Dynamo Jun 27
- Columbus hits the road to face RSL Jun 26
- Dynamo, FCD battle for El Capitan Jun 25
- Kamara leads the way as Columbus edges New England Jun 24
- Revs, Crew SC tangle at MAPFRE Stadium Jun 23
- Timbers top Dynamo for fourth straight win Jun 21
- Timbers aim to continue surge against Dynamo Jun 19
- Higuain helps Crew SC draw Galaxy Jun 13
- Crew SC, Galaxy square off at Mapfre Stadium Jun 12
- Montreal holds off Crew for first road win Jun 6
- Impact aim to end road troubles in Columbus Jun 5