Red Bulls, Rapids battle to 1-1 drawOct 8, 2006 - 5:53 AM DENVER (Ticker) -- Jacob Peterson scored for the Colorado Rapids early and Amado Guevara tied the game late for the New York Red Bulls as the clubs battled to a 1-1 draw.
Peterson scored four minutes into the first half when he collected a loose ball at the top of the box and kicked it past New York goalkeeper Jon Conway to give the Rapids a 1-0 lead.
Guevara tied the game at the 60-minute mark when he collected a loose ball in the box and beat Colorado goalkeeper Joe Cannon.
Colorado is now 11-13-7, while New York is 8-11-12.
The contest marked the final MLS game played at Mile High Stadium.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Wright-Phillips, Red Bulls down NYCFC at Yankee Stadium Jun 29
- Sporting continues home success against Rapids Jun 27
- Red Bulls, NYCFC set for New York derby Jun 26
- Rapids roll into Kansas City to tussle with Sporting Jun 26
- Second-half spurt leads Orlando past Colorado Jun 24
- New York halts losing skid against nine-man RSL Jun 24
- Orlando tries to get back on track against Rapids Jun 23
- RSL tries to pile more misery on RBNY Jun 23
- Ousted saves two PK's as Whitecaps top Red Bulls Jun 20
- Serna's late goal rescues Rapids Jun 19
- Red Bulls try to stop the rot against Vancouver Jun 19
- West rivals clash as Rapids host FCD Jun 18