Guevara's hat trick puts Red Bulls in playoffsOct 15, 2006 - 4:03 AM EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey (Ticker) -- Amado Guevara booked the New York Red Bulls a spot in the playoffs.
Guevara recorded his third career hat trick to lift the Red Bulls to a 3-2 triumph over the Kansas City Wizards that clinched the final postseason spot in the Eastern Conference.
Guevara converted a pair of penalty kicks in the 31st and 60th minutes before scoring from 25 yards out just inside the right goalpost for a 3-1 lead after 76 minutes for the Red Bulls (9-11-12).
Scott Sealy pulled Kansas City within 3-2 in the 83rd minute but the Wizards (10-14-8) could not get the equalizer.
The Wizards were playing without suspended star forward Eddie Johnson.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Wright-Phillips, Red Bulls down NYCFC at Yankee Stadium Jun 29
- Sporting continues home success against Rapids Jun 27
- Red Bulls, NYCFC set for New York derby Jun 26
- Rapids roll into Kansas City to tussle with Sporting Jun 26
- New York halts losing skid against nine-man RSL Jun 24
- RSL tries to pile more misery on RBNY Jun 23
- Garcia leaves it late as RSL edges SKC Jun 22
- Ousted saves two PK's as Whitecaps top Red Bulls Jun 20
- RSL tries to slow streaking Sporting Jun 19
- Red Bulls try to stop the rot against Vancouver Jun 19
- Feilhaber powers Sporting past Sounders Jun 6
- Streaking Sporting set to square off with Sounders Jun 5