Peterson's game-tying goal lifts Rapids into playoffsOct 15, 2006 - 4:44 AM HOUSTON (Ticker) -- Rookie Jacob Peterson scored the game-tying goal in the 88th minute as the Colorado Rapids forged a 3-3 tie with the Houston Dynamo.
Thiago Martins tallied twice for the Rapids (11-13-8), who reached the playoffs for the ninth time in their 11-year history. They will host FC Dallas on Friday in the Western Conference semifinals.
Peterson outjumped two defenders, heading Jovan Kirovski's pass into the back of the net, past goaltender Pat Onstad, who had two saves.
Craig Waibel scored twice for the Dynamo (11-8-13), who will face Chivas USA in the West semifinal next Saturday.
Joe Cannon turned away one shot for Colorado.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Sporting continues home success against Rapids Jun 27
- Castillo, FC Dallas claim El Capitan in win over Dynamo Jun 27
- Rapids roll into Kansas City to tussle with Sporting Jun 26
- Dynamo, FCD battle for El Capitan Jun 25
- Second-half spurt leads Orlando past Colorado Jun 24
- Orlando tries to get back on track against Rapids Jun 23
- Timbers top Dynamo for fourth straight win Jun 21
- Serna's late goal rescues Rapids Jun 19
- Timbers aim to continue surge against Dynamo Jun 19
- West rivals clash as Rapids host FCD Jun 18
- Rocky Mountain rivals meet up as Rapids face RSL Jun 5
- Dynamo, Red Bulls clash at BBVA Jun 4