Dalglish leads Dynamo into MLS CupNov 6, 2006 - 3:58 AM HOUSTON (Ticker) -- Paul Dalglish set up the Houston Dynamo for an important date with the New England Revolution.
Dalglish scored twice in the first half as the Dynamo posted a 3-1 victory over the Colorado Rapids in the Western Conference championship game.
Houston will play New England next Sunday in Frisco, Texas in the MLS Cup.
Dalglish received a short pass from Dwayne De Rosario and beat goalkeeper Joe Cannon to tie the contest at 1-1 in the 11th minute.
Nine minutes later, Dalglish struck again. A cross from Brad Davis went past Cannon's far goalpost where Brian Mullan one-touched the ball back across to Dalglish, who banged home a header.
In the 71st minute, Mullan took a perfect cross from substitute Alejandro Moreno and slid between Colorado defenders to give Houston a 3-1 lead.
The Rapids took an early 1-0 lead when Jovan Kirovski scored on a penalty kick in the third minute.
Colorado managed just two shots on goal against Houston goalkeeper Pat Onstad.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Sporting continues home success against Rapids Jun 27
- Castillo, FC Dallas claim El Capitan in win over Dynamo Jun 27
- Rapids roll into Kansas City to tussle with Sporting Jun 26
- Dynamo, FCD battle for El Capitan Jun 25
- Second-half spurt leads Orlando past Colorado Jun 24
- Orlando tries to get back on track against Rapids Jun 23
- Timbers top Dynamo for fourth straight win Jun 21
- Serna's late goal rescues Rapids Jun 19
- Timbers aim to continue surge against Dynamo Jun 19
- West rivals clash as Rapids host FCD Jun 18
- Rocky Mountain rivals meet up as Rapids face RSL Jun 5
- Dynamo, Red Bulls clash at BBVA Jun 4