Reds reject third Barca bid for Coutinho

Aug 18, 2017 - 5:13 PM Liverpool have rejected a third bid from Barcelona for playmaker Philippe Coutinho, sources say.

Reports in British media put the latest bid at EUR125 million ($185m), as the Spanish club continue to seek a replacement for Coutinho's Brazil teammate Neymar, who they sold to Paris Saint-Germain for a world record EUR222m earlier this month.

Manager Jurgen Klopp has previously insisted that the 25-year-old would not be sold, although last weekend he said that if Liverpool's owners decided to accept a bid there was nothing he could do about it.

Coutinho will miss Saturday's match at home to Crystal Palace because he still has a back injury, Klopp told reporters on Thursday.

Source: AAP






No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!