Cash scores 13 points to lift Storm, 78-73Aug 21, 2010 - 4:04 AM PHOENIX (AP) -- Swin Cash scored 13 points to help the Seattle Storm beat the Phoenix Mercury 78-73 Friday night.
The Mercury sat Diana Taurasi, the league's leading scorer at 22.6 points a game, with the playoff seeding set for both teams. Seattle, with the best record in the WNBA at 27-6, is the top seed from the West while Phoenix will be No. 2.
Seattle plays the still-to-be-determined No. 4 seed beginning Wednesday the best-of-3 conference semifinals while defending champion Phoenix (15-18) opens the postseason the following night against the third seed.
Los Angeles, Minnesota and San Antonio, all within a game of each other, are vying for the other two spots with the regular season ending Sunday.
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Diana Taurasi back in WNBA, shoots for 4th Olympic gold May 9
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Breanna Stewart at center of the Storm as latest No. 1 pick Apr 21
- Breanna Stewart top pick in WNBA, leading 1-2-3 UConn sweep Apr 15
- UConn forward Breanna Stewart selected No. 1 overall by Seattle Storm in WNBA draft Apr 14
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14