San Antonio rolls past Tulsa to open seasonJun 5, 2011 - 2:32 AM San Antonio, TX (Sports Network) - Sophia Young scored 20 points and added four assists to lead the San Antonio Silver Stars to a 93-73 victory over the Tulsa Shock in each team's season opener.
Becky Hammon scored 18 and Jia Perkins added 17 points off the bench for the Silver Stars.
Liz Cambage had 18 points, including going 12-for-14 at the foul line, for Tulsa.
Three-time league MVP, Sheryl Swoopes, in her first game in two years, scored five points and had two assists in just over 13 minutes of playing time for the Shock.
San Antonio took an 11-10 lead with 5:02 left in the first quarter and did not trail for the remainder of the game. The Silver Stars won four out of five meetings between the teams last year.
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- WNBA's Dan Hughes enters last season as San Antonio coach May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- LA Sparks guard Riquna Williams to miss season with injury Mar 30
- Sparks acquire Riquna Williams from Wings for Phillips Mar 1
- WNBA star Tamika Catchings interns at NBA offices Feb 6