Brunson, Lynx cruise past Cambage, ShockJun 8, 2011 - 2:53 AM Minneapolis, MN (Sports Network) - Rebekkah Brunson had 17 points and 15 rebounds, Lindsay Whalen scored 16 and the Minnesota Lynx led by as many as 20 on the way to a 75-65 victory over the Tulsa Shock on Tuesday.
Monica Wright added 10 points off the bench for the Lynx, who split their first two games of the season with Los Angeles over the weekend.
No. 1 overall draft pick Maya Moore scored seven points on just 2-of-10 shooting. By comparison, No. 2 draft pick Liz Cambage scored 16 points and added 15 rebounds to lead the Shock, who fell to 0-2 on the season.
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Minnesota Lynx No. 1 in first AP WNBA power poll May 13
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- LA Sparks guard Riquna Williams to miss season with injury Mar 30
- Candice Wiggins retires from WNBA at age 29 Mar 22