Lynx jump on Storm early, roll to winJun 10, 2011 - 4:32 AM Seattle, WA (Sports Network) - Rebekkah Brunson totaled 22 points and 14 rebounds to lead the Minnesota Lynx to an 81-74 victory over the Seattle Storm.
Seimone Augustus added 17 points, Maya Moore scored 14 and Lindsay Whalen totaled 13 points to go with 10 assists for the Lynx, who led by as many as 30 en route to their third straight win.
Sue Bird led Seattle with 24 points, while Swin Cash chipped in 18 in the loss.
The Storm extended their home winning streak to 22 games in a season-opening win over Phoenix, but found themselves down 28-8 after the first quarter Thursday and never seriously threatened until a fourth-quarter rally fell short.
- MINNESOTA: 81
Jun 10 12:08 AM
- MINNESOTA: 50
Jun 9 10:54 PM
- MINNESOTA: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jun 9 10:20 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Minnesota Lynx No. 1 in first AP WNBA power poll May 13
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Breanna Stewart at center of the Storm as latest No. 1 pick Apr 21
- Breanna Stewart top pick in WNBA, leading 1-2-3 UConn sweep Apr 15