Liberty slip by FeverJun 11, 2011 - 1:42 AM Indianapolis, IN (Sports Network) - Cappie Pondexter nailed a jumper with 8.1 seconds remaining in regulation to lift the New York Liberty to an 81-80 win over the Indiana Fever.
Pondexter scored 21 points for New York, which led by as many as 18 at one point. Plenette Pierson was the only other Liberty player in double figures, finishing with 13 points.
Katie Douglas supplied a game-high 27 points for the Fever, who also got 13 points from Tamika Catchings.
Pondexter's jumper came after Briann January put Indiana ahead by draining a three-pointer. The Fever had one last chance to win the game, but Catchings missed a shot at the buzzer.
- NEW YORK: 81
Jun 10 9:01 PM
- NEW YORK: 52
Jun 10 7:51 PM
- NEW YORK: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jun 10 7:09 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- NY Liberty acquire Wings' Amanda Zahui B for draft pick May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Candice Wiggins retires from WNBA at age 29 Mar 22