Silver Stars roll over ShockJun 11, 2011 - 2:37 AM Tulsa, OK (Sports Network) - Roneeka Hodges poured in 19 points, going 6-for-6 from the field, including a perfect 5-for-5 from downtown to lead the San Antonio Silver Stars to a 93-62 blowout over the Tulsa Shock at the BOK Center.
Jia Perkins added 13 points and four rebounds while Sophia Young chipped in with 12 points and four rebounds for San Antonio to push its record to a perfect 2-0 to start the season.
Liz Cambadge and Kayla Pedersen dropped 12 points for Tulsa, while Tiffany Jackson added 10 points and six rebounds for the Shock in a losing effort. Tulsa has lost their first three games of the 2011 season.
San Antonio led 23-16 after one quarter and broke the game open in the second quarter, out-scoring Tulsa by a 25-12 count.
San Antonio shot a solid 54.8 percent from the field while Tulsa shot a less than stellar 34.8 percent.
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- WNBA's Dan Hughes enters last season as San Antonio coach May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- LA Sparks guard Riquna Williams to miss season with injury Mar 30
- Sparks acquire Riquna Williams from Wings for Phillips Mar 1
- WNBA star Tamika Catchings interns at NBA offices Feb 6