Fowles, Sky edge SunJun 11, 2011 - 3:06 AM Chicago, IL (Sports Network) - Sylvia Fowles hit the go-ahead jumper with half a minute to play, lifting the Chicago Sky to a 78-75 victory over the Connecticut Sun at Allstate Arena.
Fowles ended with a game-high 23 points and 13 rebounds for the Sky, who opened their season last Saturday with a loss at Indiana. Courtney Vandersloot added 18 points and five assists for Chicago, while Michelle Snow scored 12.
Renee Montgomery had 22 points for the Sun, who beat Washington last weekend. Asjha Jones had 20 points in the setback.
Jones' jumper with 44 seconds left evened the game, 75-75, but Fowles drained a fadeaway at the other end.
Montgomery missed a jumper on Connecticut's next possession, and Epiphanny Prince grabbed the rebound for the Sky.
- CONNECTICUT: 75
Jun 10 10:45 PM
- CONNECTICUT: 35
Jun 10 9:33 PM
- CONNECTICUT: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jun 10 8:45 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- Connecticut trades Williams to Dream for No. 4 draft pick Feb 3
- Connecticut Sun hire Curt Miller as new coach Dec 17
- AP source: Curt Miller to coach Connecticut Sun Dec 16
- Delle Donne unanimous choice for WNBA first team Oct 8
- Anne Donovan resigns as head coach of Connecticut Sun Oct 1
- Fever beat Sky 100-89, advance to Eastern Conference finals Sep 21