Adams scores 32 as Silver Stars down winless DreamJun 12, 2011 - 2:36 AM San Antonio, TX (Sports Network) - Rookie Danielle Adams scored 32 points and pulled down seven rebounds in a reserve role, as the San Antonio Silver Stars remained unbeaten with an 86-74 victory over the Atlanta Dream.
Adams, the former Texas A&M star, set a Silver Stars franchise record for points in a game by a rookie.
Ruth Riley and Sophia Young chipped in with 12 points apiece for San Antonio, which is off to the best start in franchise history at 3-0.
Angel McCoughtry finished with 19 points and seven rebounds for the Dream, who have lost their first three games of the season.
Coco Miller and Sancho Lyttle donated 13 and 12 points, respectively. Erika de Souza tallied 10 points and 14 boards for Atlanta, which had won four straight against San Antonio.
Trailing by one, 64-63, with seven minutes to play, San Antonio put together a 10-0 run. Riley scored the final five points of the spurt to give the home team a 73-64 lead with 3:41 remaining.
Atlanta never got closer than six the rest of the way.
- ATLANTA: 74
SAN ANTONIO: 86
Jun 11 10:04 PM
- ATLANTA: 35
SAN ANTONIO: 28
Jun 11 8:49 PM
- ATLANTA: 0
SAN ANTONIO: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jun 11 8:09 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA's Dan Hughes enters last season as San Antonio coach May 13
- Atlanta cuts 41-year-old Milton-Jones, WNBA's oldest player May 12
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- Dream re-sign Cierra Burdick and Ariel Massengale Mar 2