Lynx down Dream to stay hotJun 18, 2011 - 2:25 AM Minneapolis, MN (Sports Network) - Seimone Augustus posted 25 points on 9- of-14 shooting, leading the Minnesota Lynx to a 96-85 victory against the Atlanta Dream at Target Center.
Rebekkah Brunson added 18 points and 14 rebounds for the Lynx, who have won four in a row since opening the season with a setback in Los Angeles.
Lindsay Whalen scored 16 points for Minnesota, including seven in a pivotal third quarter. The Lynx outscored the Dream by a 28-16 margin in the period and entered the fourth with a 67-55 advantage.
Angel McCoughtry had 27 points to pace Atlanta, which was coming off Tuesday's win in New York. Erika de Souza had 18 points and 11 boards in the loss.
- ATLANTA: 85
Jun 17 10:12 PM
- ATLANTA: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jun 17 8:09 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Minnesota Lynx No. 1 in first AP WNBA power poll May 13
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Atlanta cuts 41-year-old Milton-Jones, WNBA's oldest player May 12
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2