Sky rise above Liberty with 3rd quarter rallyJun 18, 2011 - 2:56 AM Chicago, IL (Sports Network) - Sylvia Fowels scored a game-high 27 points and pulled down 11 rebounds as the Chicago Sky mounted a comeback 85-73 victory over the New York Liberty.
Epiphanny Prince poured in 17 points and eight assists for the Sky, who got 13 points from Michelle Snow.
Cappie Pondexter led the way for the Liberty with 20 points and eight rebounds, while Essence Carson and Kia Vaughn had 12 and 10 points, respectively.
Trailing 36-31 at the half, the Sky used a 32-13 third quarter to pull ahead 63-49. Chicago shot 66.7 percent from the field while nailing 12-of-13 shots from the free-throw line in that period.
On the other hand, New York shot just 37.5 percent and turned the ball over seven times, converting into 13 points for Chicago.
The Sky held onto the lead in the fourth to improve to 3-1.
- NEW YORK: 73
Jun 17 10:32 PM
- NEW YORK: 36
Jun 17 9:27 PM
- NEW YORK: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jun 17 8:40 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- NY Liberty acquire Wings' Amanda Zahui B for draft pick May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Candice Wiggins retires from WNBA at age 29 Mar 22
- Fever sign Pohlen, Wheeler to training camp deals Feb 8