Minnesota continues to roll with defeat of AtlantaJun 19, 2011 - 9:42 PM Atlanta, GA (Sports Network) - Seimone Augustus dropped in a team-leading 19 points as Minnesota handled Atlanta for an easy 77-64 victory.
Rebekkah Brunson posted her sixth straight double-double with 10 points and 10 boards to tie the WNBA record held by Candace Parker and Lisa Leslie for double-doubles to start a season.
Maya Moore added 12 points, eight rebounds and five assists to give the Lynx's their fifth straight win after losing their season-opener.
Minnesota jumped out to a 26-10 advantage after the first quarter and never looked back, holding the lead for the remainder of the contest.
Lindsey Harding led the Dream with 14 points and Angel McCoughtry, Erika de Souza and Coco Miller poured in 10 apiece in a losing effort.
Atlanta shot just 30 percent from the field and finished 2-for-18 from beyond the arc to suffer a second straight defeat.
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Minnesota Lynx No. 1 in first AP WNBA power poll May 13
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Atlanta cuts 41-year-old Milton-Jones, WNBA's oldest player May 12
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2