Dream let big lead slip away, rally in 4th to beat SkyJun 21, 2011 - 7:10 PM Atlanta, GA (Sports Network) - Erika de Souza scored 12 points, including a go-ahead jumper with 1:31 left in the fourth quarter, as the Atlanta Dream fended off the Chicago Sky, 71-68.
Angel McCoughtry finished with 14 points and eight rebounds for the Dream, who picked up just their second win of the season despite blowing a 14-point lead in the first half.
Lindsey Harding totaled 11 points and six assists for Atlanta, which led 40-26 after Iziane Castro Marques made one of two free throws with 2:08 remaining in the second quarter.
Trailing by just two entering the final frame, Chicago grabbed a 55-53 lead when Sylvia Fowles completed a three-point play.
The Dream were down three after the Sky's Epiphanny Prince drained a shot with less than three minutes to go. But de Souza followed her layup with a turnaround jump shot to put Atlanta on top for good.
Fowles led all players with 21 points.
- CHICAGO: 68
Jun 21 2:27 PM
- CHICAGO: 31
Jun 21 1:14 PM
- CHICAGO: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jun 21 12:15 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- Atlanta cuts 41-year-old Milton-Jones, WNBA's oldest player May 12
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Dream re-sign Cierra Burdick and Ariel Massengale Mar 2
- Coaches: Racial remarks fuel New Mexico basketball spat Feb 26
- Coaches: Racial remarks fuel New Mexico basketball spat Feb 25