Liberty takes down Shock to end losing streakJun 23, 2011 - 7:40 PM Tulsa, OK (Sports Network) - Kia Vaughn and Cappie Pondexter both recorded double-doubles as the New York Liberty easily handled the Tulsa Shock with a 94-82 victory.
Vaughn had a game high 24 points and pulled down 12 boards while Pondexter added 23 points and 10 assists for the Liberty, who snapped a four-game slide.
Liz Cambage led the Shock with 22 points off the bench, while Kayla Pederson led all Shock starters with 18 points in the defeat, falling to 1-7 on the year.
New York took a 4-3 lead with 8:32 left in the first quarter and never trailed the rest of the contest.
- NEW YORK: 94
Jun 23 2:45 PM
- NEW YORK: 46
Jun 23 1:29 PM
- NEW YORK: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jun 23 12:40 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- NY Liberty acquire Wings' Amanda Zahui B for draft pick May 11
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- LA Sparks guard Riquna Williams to miss season with injury Mar 30
- Candice Wiggins retires from WNBA at age 29 Mar 22