Catchings helps Fever rise over SunJun 26, 2011 - 1:17 AM Indianapolis, IN (Sports Network) - Tamika Catchings recorded her 70th career double-double -- a WNBA record -- with 13 points and 12 rebounds, as the Indiana Fever edged the Connecticut Sun, 75-70.
Tammy Sutton-Brown scored 12 points in a reserve role for the Fever, whose bench has scored 25-plus points in six straight games. Briann January added 10 points in the win.
Renee Montgomery tallied 19 points and six assists for Connecticut, which got 18 points from Asjha Jones. Tina Charles and Kara Lawson had 12 and 10 points, respectively, while Charles added 11 rebounds in the loss.
Montgomery drained a three-pointer with 13.8 seconds remaining to draw the Sun within two, 72-70. However, Catchings nailed two free throws and sealed the win with a steal with just under five seconds left to play.
- CONNECTICUT: 70
Jun 25 8:57 PM
- CONNECTICUT: 32
Jun 25 7:53 PM
- CONNECTICUT: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jun 25 7:08 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- Fever sign Pohlen, Wheeler to training camp deals Feb 8