Mercury finish strong, down SkyJun 26, 2011 - 2:50 AM Chicago, IL (Sports Network) - Diana Taurasi scored 23 points to lead the Phoenix Mercury to a 86-78 victory over the Chicago Sky.
Penny Taylor added 19 points, nine boards and seven assists for the Mercury, who have won four straight after dropping three in a row to begin the season. Candice Dupree contributed 13 points and eight rebounds in the win.
Sylvia Fowles was once again excellent in defeat, notching 24 points and 11 rebounds. Epiphany Prince added 16 points in the losing effort.
Chicago held a slim 40-37 edge at the half but was outscored by 12 in the third quarter and never recovered.
The Sky committed nine costly turnovers during the third period, which translated into just six field goal attempts.
The Mercury led by as many as 16 in the fourth.
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Diana Taurasi back in WNBA, shoots for 4th Olympic gold May 9
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- WNBA hires Jay Parry as chief operating officer Apr 11
- Phoenix Mercury bring back Penny Taylor Feb 8
- WNBA set to unveil new marketing campaign "Watch Me Work" Jan 28
- Glory Johnson gives birth to twins Oct 18