Silver Stars grind out win over DreamJun 26, 2011 - 9:43 PM Atlanta, GA (Sports Network) - Jia Perkins poured in 25 points and grabbed eight boards to lead the San Antonio Silver Stars to a 92-86 victory over the Atlanta Dream.
Rookie Danielle Adams contributed 19 points and Becky Hammon had 17 for the Silver Stars, who improved their WNBA-best record to 6-1.
The Dream were paced by Coco Miller's 19 points, while Angel McCoughtry, who is battling a knee injury, contributed 15 points and eight rebounds in 19 gritty minutes.
The Silver Stars held a slim 63-61 lead after three quarters of back-and-forth basketball, but pulled away in the fourth due to their ability to get to the charity stripe.
Over the final 10 minutes of play, San Antonio went an incredible 20-of-21 from the foul line to seal the victory.
For the game, the Silver Stars went 33-of-38 from the stripe, as compared to just 18-of-25 for the Dream.
- SAN ANTONIO: 92
Jun 26 5:19 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 40
Jun 26 3:58 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jun 26 3:10 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA's Dan Hughes enters last season as San Antonio coach May 13
- Atlanta cuts 41-year-old Milton-Jones, WNBA's oldest player May 12
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- Dream re-sign Cierra Burdick and Ariel Massengale Mar 2