Dream slip past LibertyJul 1, 2011 - 2:16 AM Atlanta, GA (Sports Network) - Erika de Souza poured in 27 points and pulled down 15 rebounds to lead the Atlanta Dream to an 87-81 win over the New York Liberty at Philips Arena.
Lindsey Harding added 25 points and grabbed four boards while Coco Miller chipped in with eight points for Atlanta, which had lost four of its previous five games.
Cappie Pondexter dropped 24 points and dished out six assists for the Liberty, while Essence Carson netted 12 points and grabbed three rebounds in a losing effort for New York, which had won back-to-back games.
Atlanta spotted New York a 24-16 lead after one quarter, but took over after the first, outscoring New York by a 71-57 margin over the remaining three quarters of the game.
Atlanta shot 46.3 percent from the field while New York shot 37.9 percent. Atlanta also out-rebounded the Liberty, 35-28.
- NEW YORK: 81
Jun 30 9:50 PM
- NEW YORK: 44
Jun 30 8:36 PM
- NEW YORK: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jun 30 7:40 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Atlanta cuts 41-year-old Milton-Jones, WNBA's oldest player May 12
- NY Liberty acquire Wings' Amanda Zahui B for draft pick May 11
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Candice Wiggins retires from WNBA at age 29 Mar 22