January-less Fever down Storm, win fifth straight gameJul 6, 2011 - 1:11 AM Indianapolis, IN (Sports Network) - Playing their first game since Briann January's season-ending injury, the Indiana Fever handled the Seattle Storm, 78-61, on Tuesday night.
Exactly one week ago, January injured her right knee early in the fourth quarter of a 91-86 win over Phoenix. An MRI revealed a torn ACL that will require surgery and keep January sidelined for the rest of the year.
Jessica Davenport led a balanced attack with 15 points and seven rebounds for the Fever, who have won five in a row. Tamika Catchings and Tangela Smith added 11 and 10 points, respectively, for the victors.
Sue Bird finished with 21 points and five assists for the Storm, who have lost two of three. Swin Cash tallied 13 points in defeat.
- SEATTLE: 61
Jul 5 8:50 PM
- SEATTLE: 27
Jul 5 7:51 PM
- SEATTLE: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jul 5 7:10 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Breanna Stewart at center of the Storm as latest No. 1 pick Apr 21
- Breanna Stewart top pick in WNBA, leading 1-2-3 UConn sweep Apr 15
- UConn forward Breanna Stewart selected No. 1 overall by Seattle Storm in WNBA draft Apr 14