Mercury take down ShockJul 9, 2011 - 6:44 AM Tulsa, OK (Sports Network) - Diana Taurasi had 17 points, Penny Taylor scored 16 and the Phoenix Mercury beat the Tulsa Shock, 86-78.
Taylor added seven assists and five rebounds for Phoenix, which got 10 points and 13 boards off the bench from DeWanna Bonner.
The Mercury shot 47 percent from the field and made 21-of-23 free throws.
Liz Cambage produced 19 points to pace the Shock, who have posted just one win through their first 11 games this season.
The slow start led to the resignation of head coach Nolan Richardson after the game. The team named Teresa Edwards interim head coach.
- PHOENIX: 86
Jul 8 10:16 PM
- PHOENIX: 86
End of Regulation
Jul 8 10:09 PM
- PHOENIX: 46
Jul 8 8:59 PM
- PHOENIX: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jul 8 8:07 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Diana Taurasi back in WNBA, shoots for 4th Olympic gold May 9
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- WNBA hires Jay Parry as chief operating officer Apr 11
- LA Sparks guard Riquna Williams to miss season with injury Mar 30
- Sparks acquire Riquna Williams from Wings for Phillips Mar 1
- Phoenix Mercury bring back Penny Taylor Feb 8