Lynx use decisive third quarter to beat SunJul 10, 2011 - 2:07 AM Minneapolis, MN (Sports Network) - Maya Moore had 26 points, Seimone Augustus scored 20 and the Minnesota Lynx beat the Connecticut Sun, 90-67.
Rebekkah Brunson registered 12 points and 10 rebounds for Minnesota, which outscored Connecticut 23-6 in the third quarter. Taj McWilliams-Franklin also grabbed 10 boards while falling four points shy of joining Brunson for a double-double.
Renee Montgomery scored 14 points to pace the Sun, who got 13 points from Asjha Jones.
- CONNECTICUT: 67
Jul 9 9:50 PM
- CONNECTICUT: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jul 9 8:08 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- Minnesota Lynx No. 1 in first AP WNBA power poll May 13
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14