Harding leads Dream past FeverJul 19, 2011 - 7:19 PM Atlanta, GA (Sports Network) - Lindsay Harding scored 19 points to lead the Atlanta Dream to an 84-74 victory over the Indiana Fever.
Angel McCoughtry added 15 points for the Dream despite playing only 19 minutes because of foul trouble and Erika de Souza contributed 15 points with a game- high 11 rebounds. Atlanta has won two straight for the first time this season.
Tamika Catchings scored 22 points and Erin Phillips chipped in 21 for Indiana, which has lost three in a row on the heels of a seven-game winning streak.
The Dream opened up a 17-9 lead late in the first quarter, but the Fever managed to cut the deficit to 21-18 heading into the second. Atlanta built a 36-20 cushion with 5 1/2 minutes left in the half, but Indiana closed within seven before trailing 44-36 at the break.
Indiana managed to pull within three early in the third quarter, but Atlanta again pulled away and held a 66-56 advantage entering the fourth. Harding hit her only three-pointer in the first minute of the final period to extend the Dream's lead to 15 and the Fever never threatened again.
- INDIANA: 74
Jul 19 2:12 PM
- INDIANA: 36
Jul 19 1:05 PM
- INDIANA: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jul 19 12:10 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Atlanta cuts 41-year-old Milton-Jones, WNBA's oldest player May 12
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- WNBA in Big D: Wings land in Dallas, league's 1st team there May 10
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Liberty trade for All-Star guard Shoni Schimmel May 2
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27