Lynx defeat Mercury to retake conference leadJul 20, 2011 - 10:07 PM Phoenix, AZ (Sports Network) - Seimone Augustus tallied a game-high 25 points and added six rebounds as the Minnesota Lynx took a 106-98 victory over the Phoenix Mercury to retake sole possession of first place in the WNBA's Western Conference.
Phoenix and San Antonio now sit a half-game back of Minnesota.
Lindsay Whalen contributed 16 points with eight assists, and Maya Moore, Rebekkah Brunson and Taj McWilliams-Franklin each scored 14 as the Lynx won their seventh straight game.
Diana Taurasi led the Mercury with 24 points and six helpers. Penny Taylor added 23 for the Mercury, who lost for just the second time in eight contests.
Minnesota went into halftime trailing by a score of 51-50, but McWilliams- Franklin's layup twenty seconds into the third quarter started an 8-2 run the Lynx would use to take a lead they would not lose for the remainder of the game.
- MINNESOTA: 106
Jul 20 5:38 PM
- MINNESOTA: 50
Jul 20 4:27 PM
- MINNESOTA: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jul 20 3:38 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Minnesota Lynx No. 1 in first AP WNBA power poll May 13
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Diana Taurasi back in WNBA, shoots for 4th Olympic gold May 9
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- WNBA hires Jay Parry as chief operating officer Apr 11
- Candice Wiggins retires from WNBA at age 29 Mar 22
- Lynx sign Czech guard Katerina Elhotova Feb 25