Davenport leads Indiana over ChicagoJul 22, 2011 - 5:08 AM Indianapolis, IN (Sports Network) - Jessica Davenport had 20 points and five rebounds to lift the Indiana Fever to a 77-63 win over the Chicago Sky.
Tamika Catchings added 13 points and seven rebounds and Tangela Smith donated 10 points for the Fever, who snapped a three-game losing streak and moved a half-game ahead of Connecticut into first place in the Eastern Conference at the All-Star break.
Sylvia Fowles had a game-high 21 points while Erin Thorn added 15 points and five assists for the Sky, who have dropped three of their last five.
After Fowles tied the game with a pair of free throws just over three minutes in, the game remained tied for the next several minutes until Erin Phillips hit a three-pointer to give Indiana a lead it never relinqushed.
The Fever led by as many as 20 points on the way to the easy victory.
- CHICAGO: 63
Jul 21 9:02 PM
- CHICAGO: 27
Jul 21 7:54 PM
- CHICAGO: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jul 21 7:08 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Fever sign Pohlen, Wheeler to training camp deals Feb 8
- WNBA star Tamika Catchings interns at NBA offices Feb 6
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign WNBA finals MVP Sylvia Fowles Feb 2