Storm dominate Silver StarsJul 22, 2011 - 4:39 AM Seattle, WA (Sports Network) - Tanisha Wright scored 17 points and the Seattle Storm built a huge advantage in the first half and cruised to a 73-55 win over the San Antonio Silver Stars.
Swin Cash tallied 15 points and nine rebounds, while Camille Little totaled 10 points for Seattle, which goes into the All-Star break 2 1/2 games behind first-place Minnesota in the Western Conference.
Seattle, which snapped a three-game skid, held the Silver Stars to 7-of-32 shooting in the first half, on the way to a 38-22 lead at the break.
Sophia Young scored 12, Becky Hammon 11 and Jia Perkins 10 for the visitors, who ended at 27.7 percent shooting.
San Antonio, which is a game out of first place, has dropped four of six contests this month.
- SAN ANTONIO: 55
Jul 21 11:56 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 35
End of 3rd
Jul 21 11:37 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 22
Jul 21 10:57 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 14
End of 1st
Jul 21 10:33 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jul 21 10:16 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- WNBA's Dan Hughes enters last season as San Antonio coach May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Breanna Stewart at center of the Storm as latest No. 1 pick Apr 21
- Breanna Stewart top pick in WNBA, leading 1-2-3 UConn sweep Apr 15
- UConn forward Breanna Stewart selected No. 1 overall by Seattle Storm in WNBA draft Apr 14
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14