Fever down Sun, take over first in EastJul 29, 2011 - 1:49 AM Uncasville, CT (Sports Network) - Tamika Catchings scored 16 points and Indiana overcame a horrid shooting fourth quarter to beat Connecticut, 69-58, and grab first place in the Eastern Conference.
Shannon Bobbitt finished with 13 points, while Jessica Davenport added 10 points and 10 boards. Jeanette Pohlen scored 10 for the Fever, who moved a game ahead of the Sun in the conference.
Indiana went 3-of-13 in the last quarter, but Connecticut wasn't much better at 5-of-19. In fact, the Fever's 32.8 percent shooting for the game was slightly better than the Sun's 30.6 percent mark.
Tina Charles scored 13 and had 10 rebounds to pace Connecticut, which had a four-game winning streak broken. The Sun went 1-of-16 from three-point range.
- WNBA Capsules May 21
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14
- Fever sign Pohlen, Wheeler to training camp deals Feb 8