Lynx jump on Storm, win bigJul 30, 2011 - 2:33 AM Minneapolis, MN (Sports Network) - Seimone Augustus and Candice Wiggins both scored 16 points and the Minnesota Lynx opened up a big first half lead Friday to beat the Seattle Storm, 92-67.
Maya Moore added 12 points and Taj McWilliams-Franklin had 10 for the Lynx, who jumped out to a 49-30 advantage at the break and extended their winning streak to five games.
They improved to 3-1 against Seattle this season.
Swin Cash scored 18 points to lead the Storm and Lecoe Willingham had 14, but they had a two-game winning streak halted and lost for the fourth time in their last six.
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 15
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Minnesota Lynx No. 1 in first AP WNBA power poll May 13
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Breanna Stewart at center of the Storm as latest No. 1 pick Apr 21
- Breanna Stewart top pick in WNBA, leading 1-2-3 UConn sweep Apr 15