Lynx extend franchise-record win streak to 8 on late jumperAug 5, 2011 - 3:11 AM Minneapolis, MN (Sports Network) - Taj McWilliams-Franklin nailed the winning jumper with 1.3 seconds remaining to lift the Western Conference-leading Minnesota Lynx to a 62-60 victory over the San Antonio Silver Stars.
Jia Perkins had tied the game at 60 by sinking three free throws with 11.6 showing on the clock. After McWilliams-Franklin converted her fifth shot of the game, San Antonio had one last chance but Perkins couldn't get a three-pointer to fall.
McWilliams-Franklin finished with 18 points for Minnesota, which pushed its club-record winning streak to eight games. Candice Wiggins scored 15 points off the bench and Rebekkah Brunson grabbed 13 rebounds.
Sophia Young's double-double of 18 points and 13 boards paced the Silver Stars.
- SAN ANTONIO: 60
Aug 4 10:07 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 40
End of 3rd
Aug 4 9:29 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 23
Aug 4 8:51 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 15
End of 1st
Aug 4 8:27 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Aug 4 8:08 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Minnesota Lynx No. 1 in first AP WNBA power poll May 13
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- WNBA's Dan Hughes enters last season as San Antonio coach May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Champion Lynx begin season with 1 more mountain to climb May 8
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign ex-Gopher center Janel McCarville May 7
- Army star Kelsey Minato gets a chance to play in WNBA May 7
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- UConn trio look to make history at WNBA draft Apr 14