Fowles, Murphy help Sky cool off FeverAug 8, 2011 - 1:24 AM Rosemont, IL (Sports Network) - Sylvia Fowles scored 21 points and grabbed 12 rebounds, as the Chicago Sky took down the Indiana Fever, 88-69.
Shay Murphy added 21 points and six boards off the bench for the Sky, who snapped a seven-game skid against Indiana. Cathrine Kraayeveld and Tamera Young donated 12 and 10 points, respectively.
Katie Douglas finished with 14 points for the Fever, who had a five-game winning streak snapped. Tangela Smith had 10 points.
Chicago went 22-of-26 from the foul line, while Indiana went 5-of-8 from the charity stripe.
- INDIANA: 69
Aug 7 9:04 PM
- INDIANA: 34
Aug 7 7:59 PM
- INDIANA: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Aug 7 7:09 PM
- WNBA Capsules May 22
- WNBA Capsules May 18
- Bye bye Birdie? Storm's Sue Bird not ready to walk away yet May 18
- WNBA Capsules May 14
- Vandersloot, Pondexter help Sky cruise to 93-70 win over Sun May 14
- WNBA set to tip off 20th season this weekend May 13
- Fever's Catchings cherishing every moment of farewell tour May 11
- Indiana trades Layshia Clarendon to Atlanta for draft pick May 10
- Taurasi, Catchings, Bird headline US women's Olympic team Apr 27
- Fever sign Pohlen, Wheeler to training camp deals Feb 8
- WNBA star Tamika Catchings interns at NBA offices Feb 6
- Minnesota Lynx re-sign WNBA finals MVP Sylvia Fowles Feb 2